Have you ever wondered how to find help or a community service for yourself or someone in need?
What if you could remember the number of every social service agency in your community?
Now you can. It's 2-1-1.
What is 2-1-1?
2-1-1 is an easy to remember telephone number that connects people with available community resources and volunteer opportunities. By simply dialing three digits, you can now make one call to find or give help. No more wasted time trying to find the right resource. You will reach a trained, caring professional 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. It's efficient, fast and easy to use. And the call is free and confidential.
Can 2-1-1 help me?
Turn to 2-1-1 for...
- basic human services food, clothing, shelter, rental assistance, utility assistance
- physical and mental health resources medical information lines, crisis intervention, support groups, counseling, drug and alcohol treatment, Medicaid/Medicare, maternal health, children’s health, insurance
- employment support services unemployment benefits, financial assistance, job training, transportation assistance, education programs
- support for seniors and persons with disabilities home health care, adult day care, meal services, respite care, transportation, homemaker services
- programs for children, youth, families childcare, after school programs, Head Start, family resource centers, recreation programs, mentoring, tutoring, protective services
- volunteer opportunities and donations
- support for community crisis or disaster recovery
Is 2-1-1 in my community?
Currently, 90% of Ohio's population can dial 2-1-1 and reach a trained professional 24 hours a day, every day of the year, through a network of local 2-1-1 centers serving 61 Ohio counties.
Click for a copy of the Governor’s proclamation.